APA Division 44
AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION (APA) DIVISION 44
The purpose of Division 44 of the American Psychological Association is:
- To advance the contributions of psychology as a discipline to the understanding of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered issues through basic and applied research
- To promote education and training in matters of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered issues including special issues associated with practice, research, education and training, and the public interest
- To promote the development and delivery of affirmative psychological services to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered people
- To use psychological knowledge to advocate for the advancement of the public interest and the welfare of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered people
- To inform the general public about research, education and training, practice, and advocacy on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered issues
For downloadable .pdf copies of current and archived newsletters of Division 44, go to: www.apadivision44.org/publications/newsletter.php.
For additional information about Division 44, go to: www.apadivision44.org/index.php.
For additional information on the American Psychological Association’s Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Concerns Office, go to: http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/about/index.aspx